This World Environment Day, we are calling on Africans to engage their youth on climate change.
Here are a few activity ideas you can organise at local schools to participate in this campaign:
- Give a climate change presentation
- Organise a climate change debate
- Establish a Climate Change Club
- Hold a Climate Action Art competition
- Hold a climate change essay/short story competition
- Organise a ‘bicycle-only’ transport day
- Organise a school bicycle race
We have put together a toolkit that you can use on and leading up to the day with plenty of helpful resources. You will find artwork and posters that you can print out and share, climate change presentation script notes and slideshows (with presentations adapted for a youth audience), and a guide on how to link with us and other climate conscious Africans on social media during and after your event! Let’s mobilise the youth of Africa in the fight against climate change together.