Agharese Lucia Ojelede (Arese) is an Eco-Consultant who has a background in Environmental Technology with over 15 years’ experience working in various capabilities and several sectors with a passion in promoting sustainability. She has worked in London, UK; Bonn Germany and Nigeria. She specialises in providing health safety and environmental consulting services to clients in the small and medium enterprise and ensures they are environmentally and socially responsible. She holds a B.Sc. (Hons) in Microbiology from the University of Ilorin, Kwara State and an MSc Environmental Technology from Imperial College, London, U.K. She is a PRINCE 2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) Project management practitioner, and a WSO- Safety Certified Construction Supervisor, Certified Safety Manager and Instructor.
Agharese got interested in climate change issues when she noticed that they are a source of growing concern and that there is a gap in addressing the issues in developing countries. Therefore, this made her believe that there is a need for individuals to rise up to the challenge of promoting and creating awareness on the issue and proffering sustainable solutions to preserve the earth. Her main areas of interest are waste management, climate change, clean water and sanitation, sustainability and green living.
Agharese has been involved in promoting environmental issues for over a decade and she is further equipped to promote conversations on climate change boldly after she had her Climate Reality training by Al Gore in June 2013 at Istanbul in Turkey. Agharese is involved in promoting environmental issues professionally by ensuring that all the projects she undertakes on behalf of her clients have an environmental and social component in them. Moreover, she organises climate talks and environmental awareness programs in her private capacity and she volunteers extensively in different organisations and sponsor programs that promote environmental issues of concern within Nigeria.
She has attended trainings locally and internationally, and is a member of reputable organisations such as:
- Climate Leader, Climate Leadership Reality Corps, USA in 2013.
- Catalyst, Climate CoLab, MIT, USA.
- Associate Member, Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA).
- Pioneer Member, Vice President, Recyclers Association of Nigeria (RAN)
- Program Manager / Volunteer, Clean Up Nigeria Initiative
- Eti-Osa LGA Representative of Lagos State Green Ambassadors (LASGA), Clean Lagos Initiative
- International Member, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSE)
- Associate Member, Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON)
- National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH)
- Associate Member, World Safety Organisation (WSO)
- Toastmasters International, Competent Communicator and Competent Leader, 2015/2016)
- Lead Auditor (IRCA Certified), Environmental Management System, Bureau Veritas, USA in 2014.
- IFC Managing Environmental & Social performance / Sustainability E-learning training in 2012
She has participated actively in several conferences/ seminars such as:
- Climate CoLab Conference 2016, MIT, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Planning Committee Chair, World Safety Organisation (WSO) – World Day for Safety and Health 2016, Lagos Nigeria
- Speaker on Environmental Sustainability – Waste Management in Nigeria at the World Safety Organisation Annual Symposium 2016, Houston, USA
- Speaker on Climate Change, impacts, adaptation and Mitigation in Nigeria at World Safety Organisation Annual Symposium 2015, Manila Philippines
- Mentor, First African Climate Reality Corps Training, Johannesburg, South Africa in 2014.
- Moderator, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSE) PDC 2010 Baltimore, USA.