Title: Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: African Climate Reality Project Branch Manager
Employment Status: 1-year contract
Working time: Full Time plus monthly international calls which take place at night.
Start date: ASAP
Objective of the position:
This position’s primary responsibility is to effectively engage and mobilise Climate Leaders, volunteers and organisations to take climate action and to build a grassroots movement for climate action in Africa. Furthermore, as part of a small team, the coordinator will conduct some administrative work, prepare fundraising proposals and represent African Climate Reality Project at various meetings and events.
This position would most likely suit someone who is young at heart and who is starting their career rather than a highly experienced person.
- You must be passionate about the environment, about Africa and about the opportunities that sustainable development holds for Africans.
- You must be able to work in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- You must be able to speak, read and write French fluently.
Scope of the position:
1. Stakeholder engagement and support: The applicant will be responsible for strengthening the relationships between various stakeholders which requires regular liaison, support with campaigns, fundraising proposals and general support. Assistance with the formation of volunteer groups to support Climate Leaders; preparation of presentations and arranging webinars; as well as preparation of newsletters will be required.
2. Planning and implementation of campaign activities: The applicant will be required to plan and design relevant campaigns by preparing campaign work plans, setting key dates, deliverables and budgets. The application will be required to coordinate Climate Leaders to take action, involve volunteers in activities and campaigns; as well as monitor stakeholder activities against the work plan. Attendance at steering committee meetings and regular meetings for campaigns will be required.
3. Prepare fundraising proposals and monitoring: The applicant will be required to identify possible donor funders; maintain a fundraising database; as well as prepare and submit fundraising proposals.
4. Financial Administration: The applicant will be responsible for the preparation and submission of payment requisitions; collection and compilation of accounting project documents; and keeping financial records accurate and up to date.
5. Administration and Database management: The application will be required to assist with administration, adherence to all company and administrative policies; as well as the conditions contained in the funding contract(s) generally accepted donor management terms. Other administration tasks include maintaining the project databases and facilitate communication with other stakeholders, canvass partners and partnerships where relevant.
*This is not a communications or marketing position, although some of these skills may be useful.
- Must be able to speak, read and write French fluently. Do not apply unless you speak French fluently. Written test may be required upon application. Other African languages advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage people, give direction and receive feedback;
- Excellent time and task management, including problem solving;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Drive, including database management;
- Detail oriented and focused; ability to operate efficiently; and maintain strong degree of accuracy;
- Self-motivated, disciplined, deadline-oriented, robust, ability to work under pressure;
- Professional and ethical standards.
To apply, submit your CV and one page letter of motivation to email@example.com by Tuesday 7 May 2019.